I know you’ve heard over and over again, DRINK WATER DRINK WATER, but how important is it to drink water and stay hydrated? Water makes up 50%-75% of your body, so when you’re dehydrated, it really starts to not only affect your hair, skin and nails, but also your internal and external organs. Water aids in digestion, circulation, absorption of vitamins and minerals, and excretion. Dehydration can cause constipation, dry skin, increase in allergies and migraines. On that note, let’s take a dive into a glass of water!
Okay so let us break this down and go over why water is important for your skin. Your skin is an organ; actually your largest organ, but sadly enough all the water in your body is distributed to all your internal organs first, and hydrating the skin last. So it is easy to say it will not function properly or at its best.
The lack of hydration will be apparent and you will start to notice your skin is dry, flaky, and tight. Also, wrinkles! Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling.
Water is LOST in large quantities every day, you need to replenish it somehow. So Personal Touch Salon has thought of some ways to make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water to get rid of body and skin toxins!
1. Keep a gallon of water nearby, you should drink an entire one A DAY!
2. Use an app to track your cups! They are some available for android and iPhone!
3. Add some Flavor, water can be tasteless, so make it tasty!
4. You could even step it up a notch and get a high tech water bottle that lights up to remind you! Whoa, technology! Slow down!
5. Eat water enriched foods: Cucumber (96%)